Banksia Park International High School
Banksia Park High School was established in 1973, initially being located in transportable buildings on the grounds of Modbury High School. In September 1973, staff and students were relocated to the current (2016) facilities at Milne Road Banksia Park, approximately 20km north-east of Adelaide. The school grounds consists of eight hectares of sports fields
and native gardens.
The school experienced rapid growth in pupil numbers, reaching 1450 by 1978. Since that time, local demographic changes have resulted in shrinking enrolment numbers, which have been supplemented by international students. By 2015, student numbers were 695.
Banksia Park High School changed its name to Banksia Park International High School in about 2001, and is accredited for its international standards of excellence by the Council of International Schools. It has a sister school in Himeji, Japan, and offers study in Japanese and German languages.